Thursday, January 24, 2013

Trip Updates!

I love to travel. There's nothing better than getting to experience a new place for the first time-exploring the city, seeing the sites, and trying the food...doing all of the touristy things, of course! This past week I was lucky enough to get to do all of that in two different cities- San Francisco and Las Vegas! I have never been to either of these two cities, so I was thrilled to go, and didn't even mind the long plane rides (5 and a half hours!). 

In San Francisco, I was visiting one of my very best friends from school, Lara. She was the best host and showed me all of the amazingly cool things that SanFran has to offer. From Alcatraz Prison, to a forest full of giant redwood trees, to the San Francisco Symphony and Ballet Company, and so much more, I certainly didn't miss out on anything. 

As far as food goes, we had a great vegetarian Chinese dinner the first night from a local place down the street from Lara's house. The second night we had sushi (my favorite!). And the third night, Lara's dad made us a great pasta dish and soup to go along with it! Not to mention the great cafés that we stopped in for mini sandwiches and chai tea lattés...I was a happy and full girl every day that I was there. 

Here's a look at some pictures from the SanFran half of my trip! 

That is an alligator made out of bread...enough said...


Muir Woods!


Tea tasting at the Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park
Jasmine tea and cookies..mmm

Goat cheese and tomato mini sandwich and a chai tea latté


Alcatraz

San Francisco symphony performing!

Then it was time to leave the California coast and head to meet my dad in Las Vegas! 

To say that the food there was great would be a massive understatement. It was incredible  I didn't take any pictures because we were at these nice places where it may have been odd to get out your camera, but believe me when I say that everything my dad and I had was wonderful. 

For dinner both nights I had a fish. The first night was grilled sea bass with a lobster risotto and a shared side of brussel sprouts with my dad. The second night I had branzino with grilled vegetables and a pea purée as well as a shared beet salad and shrimp cocktail with the faja. 

For breakfast we stopped at this little café and I got a bowl of muesli, a bran muffin, and a cup of green tea. Perfect! 

Picture time: 

View from our hotel room! 

Chocolate fountain mmmm



Cirque du Soleil show!


So that's the wrap up of my trip to the other side of the country. Workouts were nothing new that you haven't heard a hundred and one times before so I will spare you. I will be back in a couple days with a great recipe and also some new workout updates! 

Enjoy your Thursday/weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment