Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sick Sunday :\

Happy Sunday from a very sickly girl. I am usually a person who never gets sick, but it looks like I jinxed myself by saying that too often because Friday I started to come down with a bad case of the sniffles. It's now escalated into a bad sore throat, cough, little nausea, and just overall achy-ness.

Luckily this virus thing hadn't gotten the best of me yet on Friday night at the SIRENS CONCERT!!







I was so so proud of us! It was a blast and I think the audience had a great time too. It's always such a great feeling to see our hard work from the semester pay off at the concerts. Congrats guys!! <333 Ps- Check out our videos on YouTube!!

On the food side of my life, here are the eats of the week: 
Dinner with Sirens friends at Carma's Cafe! I had the Greek salad and a cup of the green lentil soup with a piece of "health bread toast" 

Of course I have had my green protein smoothie most mornings for breakfast this week, but since I started to feel sick, the only thing that sounds good to me is warm oatmeal. It's such a comfort to me and my stomach that I can't resist a bowl or two :) 

Soup...lots and lots of soup. Sickness means warm foods are a necessity. 

Joey and I had our one year anniversary dinner tonight at a fun restaurant in Baltimore called Pazzo. It is a mediterranean cuisine inspired restaurant with a really cool atmosphere. We sat in the lounge area on couches and were very comfy. Joey and I mainly ordered from their tapas menu, but my favorite thing of the night was of course the butternut squash and black bean duo soup. It definitely hit the spot for me and my sick self. 

You know you have a great boyfriend when he gets you food as your anniversary present :) Some of my most favorite foods of all time in one bag! So thoughtful. From right-Razzles (I haven't had them in forever but there awesome..First a candy..then gum!), milk chocolate with pretzels in it (enough said), pumpkin butter, hemp ginger granola, oatmeal, multigrain flax crackers, chamomile tea, and popcorn! And of course Mo had to check out all of the food. 

Although I have had to take a day off to let my body rest a bit during this sickness, I have kept up with my standard daily run + strength training for the past week. I hope to post a good workout up here soon so look out for that! 

Alright I'm off to finish my tea and hit the hay early. It's going to be a busy last week of classes, that's for sure. Have a pleasant Monday! 














No comments:

Post a Comment