Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Hellish H.I.I.T--but actually awesome, so do it.

This H.I.I.T workout was designed by Joey (who is now officially a certified personal trainer--woohoo!!). It may not seem so bad when you first look at it, but you have been warned...it's really really tough. Try it out next time you don't have a ton of time but want to get in a really solid sweat inducing workout.

HIIT

For time:
.10 mile sprint at 85% effort
10 pushups
10 kettle bell thrusters
10 burpees
^repeat 10 times!!
1 mile run

In the end, you will have sprinted a mile, done 100 pushups, 100 kettle bell thrusters, and 100 burpees! Not to mention that last mile you kicked ass on (most likely). Do it once a week and time yourself each time to see your progress each week. The first time I did it, it took me 30 minutes to do the 10xcircuit and then I ran an 8.12 mile. The second time, it took me 27 minutes to do the first part with an 8.06 mile at the end. So it's a steady improvement but my goal is to break 25 minutes for the first part and then run the mile in under 8 minutes. I'll let you know when (if) that happens ;)

Let me know if you try it out! I've said it before and I'll say it again and again-- I really love hearing from y'all!!

Special thanks to Joey for writing up this killer workout!


No comments:

Post a Comment