Sunday, August 3, 2014

☀ Summer Lovin' ☀


As always, first and foremost are the foodie updates

Dinner at Atwater's in Belvedere Square Market. They specialize in local foods so the menu is always changing. They also make the most amazing bread. I always pick up a loaf from them when I'm at Belvedere. 
I started with the crap and corn soup. It had a great tomato based broth with a kick to it. I loved every bite...especially those that involved dipping that hunk of sunflower seed bread into the bowl. 

For my main course I had this amazing salad with slivered almonds, goat cheese, and fresh blueberries. Perfect for a light summer salad.
We finished off the meal with a shared vegan brown and cup of café au lait ice cream. it was gone way too fast to get a picture.
After dinner it was time for a movie we've been dying to see...Begin Again. It was SOOO GOOOD. I highly recommend it, especially for anyone who is interested in the music industry. It was truly great. I laughed, I cried, and I went home and immediately bought the soundtrack. See it before it's out of theaters!!! 

Lunch event at work! They had great vegetarian options including an assortment of salads, wraps, and a baked tofu in a curry sauce. I opted for the veggie wrap, salad, and some fruit. Along with a chocolate chip cookie after because I couldn't resist :) 

I've been really into oatmeal again lately. I found this new kind that I like a lot that's made by the same company that makes my favorite granola. 
I also added a little bit of flax seed and almond milk...along with a sliced banana and sprinkle of cinnamon on top!


Another lunch, but this one was at home after work. This reminds me so much of a little kid's lunch and I love it. I am such a sucker for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but this one is a little bit healthier than the traditional ;) It's sunflower spelt bread (from Atwater's Bakery) with almond butter and blackberry jam from the FM. On the side was a cup of greek yogurt with berries and the TJ's honey whole wheat pretzel sticks that are so addicting it's not even funny. 


Girl's night out at the Owl Bar
Pink lemonade drank in a mason jar!


My pretties 

Many a'mason jar

Friend <3

Beach time in Sea Isle, NJ!! 

First night's dinner was right up my alley....baked salmon marinated in soy sauce, olive oil, lemon, and a little bit of brown sugar. On the side was brown rice, baked asparagus and carrots with FM guac.

There is something so right about a smoothie on the beach. There was a shop a short beach walk away that made fresh smoothies with REAL fruit..not that fake syrupy stuff. I got the pineapple one with pineapple, mango, banana, and oj. So refreshing!

What would a beach trip be without the fro-yo?! Honestly I could probably get froyo every night and not get tired of it...but it does give me a stomach ache so I actually can't get it every night no matter how badly I want to. Every once in a while is ok though! Here's what was in this heavenly mixture....
Froyo: georgia peach, creamy coconut, vanilla mint. Toppings: blackberries, mochi (who knew these were so good?!), and gummy bears!
*Fun fact: gummy bears are my favorite candy. I love putting them in the refrigerator so they get a little cold. Mmmmmm I could eat a whole bag in one sitting. 

The workouts have included runs on the boardwalk, hot yoga, and a few strength training sessions with Joey. Trying to mix things up and keep it interesting! 

For funzies: 

It's a Mo-ritto
Get it? Like a burrito....ok it's funny.
And Mo obviously was NOT thrilled.

I love this quote from the cleanprogram instagram page:

It rings so true. Whether you are continuing healthy eating habits or just getting started, this is a great quote to keep in mind. I always say that clean, smart eating is a lifestyle (NOT a diet), but this quote made me realize that it's also an art. It may not always turn out perfect or beautiful, but if it makes any part of you-mind, body, or soul-feel beautiful, then it's always worth it, and I love that. 


Have a good week!! I'm off to Bermuda on Wednesday, so more tropical updates to come later  :D


No comments:

Post a Comment