Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Parents Weekend Fun

I'm writing this post while sitting with Joey's two roommates (boys obvi) blasting Taylor Swifts new album throughout their apartment. Call me super lame, but I love her music. It's just so catchy! I would be lying if I said my last few runs weren't accompanied by jamming out to her new CD. If you like really girly songs about boys, dating, being young, general cheesy topics, etc, then this album is totes for you. Check it out!!

In other news, this past weekend was parents weekend! Yay!! My mom, dad, and our good family friends came to visit me at school and we had a great weekend. Here are the highlights in photo form.

After my parents arrived on Friday I gave them a quick tour of my dorm/ room and then took them to Carma's for lunch (the people that work there definitely know me by name now since I'm there so often). We went back to their hotel after and I had time to take a MUCH needed nap. Unfortunately I was wearing a dress and didn't have comfy clothes to change into so I borrowed my dads.... I know...I look good...

Friday we had a great dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in Baltimore called Talara. They have mostly spanish inspired dishes but are known for their excellent ceviche! We ordered multiple rounds of it and I savored every bite. I was so full by the time we were ordering our main course that I just opted for a spinach salad with grilled salmon. 

Saturday was a busy day spent touring apartment buildings for next year, singing with the Sirens, and doing some shopping! By the time Maddi (friend who came to visit) and I got back to my room to change for dinner, we were pooped. But we rallied and were back out the door in 45 minutes! 

It was off to a friend's restaurant for dinner! The Row House Grille had such great food. My mom and I split two salads. One was full of hearty beans, and the other had spinach, pears, cranberries, and pistachios! We ordered a couple of desserts for the table and even though I was stuffed, I managed to have more than a few bites of the bread pudding-it tasted like Christmas!

Mama Shelley went out with my friends and I after dinner! 


Maddi is on the left, Carly on the right!


Maddi and mama Shelley :)

After a busy but fun parents weekend, it was back to reality come Sunday when I had to study for the three exams I had today :( So life goes at Hopkins ugh. But now I'm all done! Yay! Oh wait, I have an exam Friday and one next Monday....when does it end?! 

With that being said, it's been another period of inconsistant gym time. I haven't taken a day off or anything, but fitting time to get my sweat on has been tough. I pretty much just get it in whenever I can and stay for as long as I can. Mostly I've been running medium distances (4-6 miles) every day plus elliptical or bike. Also, I've been really trying to incorporate at least a little strength training every day-alternating between focusing on arms vs. legs. Abs every day too! Can't forget dem abs! 

And then it's back to the library. At least I have the Sirens to keep me company :) It's so great to know that almost any time I'm in the library, there is at least one other Siren in there to sit with/ entertain me. 


Besties :) 

That's all for now! I need to refill my cup of tea and then head off to bed. I'll leave you with this adorable picture of Mo. I can't help it...I'm like a proud mama.

silly kitten 

No comments:

Post a Comment