Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Sandy is Coming!!

Morning bloggies! Well I guess it's afternoon by now... I just woke up about an hour ago (don't remember the last time I got to sleep in so late). If you're wondering why I got to sleep in on a Monday morning, the answer can be found on your local news channel...Hurricane Sandy is headed for Baltimore at this very minute! Yes it's true. Sadly the eye of a categorie one hurricane is headed straight for the city I currently reside in and is going to mix with cold nor-eastern  winds to create one hell of a storm. The news here is saying that this is the biggest storm Baltimore has ever had to fear. And I'm living it...great.

The good part about all of this is that school was canceled for today and most likely tomorrow too! Yay! No chemistry exam for me today :) We are already starting to feel the effects of the approaching storm (heavy rain and the wind is beginning to pick up) so I'm guessing that I will be spending the whole day in doors catching up on school work and possibly watching a few movies. Oh how I love lazy rainy days.

Here is a look back at the few pictures of food that I took this week!

For lunch a few days this week I've been nomming on this creation-mixed greens with chickpeas, red peppers, celery, and carrots. Oil and vinegar dressing.  


This looks strange I know, but a few days this week I grew tired of the morning protein smoothies so I changed it up and had a bowl of plain nonfat greek yogurt with Bob's Red Mill Muesli, berries, and agave nectar drizzled on top! 

Thursday morning I got together with some Sirens to make cupcakes for our bake sale! Red velvet with vanilla frosting and rainbow sprinkles of course! 



Sirens definitely know how to throw a good bake sale...we had so many home baked goods! 

We had a Sirens benefit concert this weekend for a local charity that brings science and math courses and materials to innercity Baltimore schools. Therefore our concert was appropriately named "Sing for Science". What better way to decorate for the concert than with a giant drawing of Jimmy Neutron and his beloved dog Goddard (also note that there is a full chalk board devoted to Pi) 

Halloweekend! Lara and I dressed up as elves! 

And our fellow Siren Katie was Santa! Too perfect. 

Favorite foods this week: 
  • apples with almond butter
  • Nature Valley almond and dried fruit mix 
  • chickpeas 
  • soy chai tea lattés 
  • celery/carrots with hummus 
Workouts this week: 
  • shorter treadmill runs with sprint intervals or inclines (hill work makes for toned legs!)
  • uphill walking lunges on the treadmill with incline 
  • resistance band arm work 
  • girl pushups 
That's just a look at how I've been eating/sweating this week! Feel free to comment on the blog with any questions, comments, or suggestions! I really love hearing from y'all! 

I'll leave you with this awesome video that I found through a fellow blogger's page. It makes me want to get back into yoga so badly. Maybe one day I'll be able to do this too! 

Enjoy! 


















No comments:

Post a Comment