Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Protein Balls

I told you guys in the last post that I wanted to share with you the recipe that my mom used to make the protein balls that she sent me in my care package. They are addicting and amazing and wonderful. I probably have eaten 3 or 4 a day since they got to me on Friday. This recipe is super super easy and quick. You don't even need an oven! They are perfect for anyone who is looking for a simple snack to keep around the house/apartment/dorm to eat after a workout or on the go. Check them out...and let me know if you do!

Almond Butter Oat Balls- a recipe from Mama Shelley :)

3/4 cups flax meal
1 cup of rolled oats
2 tbsp chia seeds
3/4 cup almond butter
1/2 honey or agave
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp boiling water
1/3 cup craisins
2 tbsp goji berries
*any dried fruit you want!*

Put all ingredients in a large bowl (except for the water). Mix the ingredients and then add the boiling water, roll them into little 1" balls and place into the refrigerator until they are cold and hold their shape.

*recipe makes about 3 dozen *


*disclaimer- these are not my photos, but these are exactly what mine look like! I was having troubles with my camera this morning...my apologies.*

And just for fun I want to share this video with you. Hopkins does Harlem Shake! ... yes there is a live cat and people hanging off of the balcony...
And the med school did it too!



No comments:

Post a Comment