Thursday, February 7, 2013

Superbowl Sunday!

Second semester classes have officially kicked off and I'm slowly but surely getting back into the swing of things after 6 weeks of winter break! It's hard having to get my body used to waking up early again. I've noticed that I have been extra tired all week...like desperate for a nap around 3pm every single day. Oh well, eventually my body will be able to survive better on only 5 or 6 hours of sleep. Ah the perks of being young.

Now for the good stuff...food from Superbowl Sunday!!

As you should know, the Baltimore Ravens WON THE SUPERBOWL! Before the game I definitely wouldn't have called myself a major Ravens fan, but being in the city when they won was definitely one of the coolest things that I've ever experienced sports wise.

I used game day as an excuse to try out some new recipes on my friends while we huddled around the TV to watch the game and even more importantly, the AMAZING half time show!!

Here's a look at da game-day nomz:

Egg white veggie cups 
- super easy to make! I just filled muffin tins with diced red and greed peppers, onions, spinach, and then filled it to the top with egg whites. Then you throw it in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 
veggie quinoa

chips + salsa and guac, cheese and crackers, veggie tray with hummus, pigs in a blanket, cookies, etc. 


Needless to say, there was a lot of food and I was sufficiently full by the end of the night. 
Yay RAVENS!!


More eats from the past week:


Lots and lots of tea and coffee

Light and Fit raspberry yogurt with muesli, flax seed, and blueberries 

Muesli and almond milk for breakfast. Trying to switch things up a bit from my normal smoothie.

Lunch one day was one of my homemade veggie burgers with scrambled egg whites and spinach. 


You've never heard me talk about Freshii before because we have somewhat of a love-hate relationship. It's a great place down the street from my apartment building. They offer healthy salads, wraps, quinoa and brown rice bowls, and soups too! Oh and they have a really good breakfast as well. The problem is that things can get pretty pricey there and also they changed their menu this year and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I still go there occasionally and just build my own wrap, bowl or salad. The above picture shows my favorite salad creation thus far. Kale base with quinoa, carrots, green apple, dried cranberries, and goat cheese. The dressing was light lemon vinaigrette. So green and good.

Ps-it's been freezing in Baltimore lately....


Be on the look out for another post coming this weekend about this past busy week. Think lots of sorority girls in pink!! Yay new Phi Mus!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment