Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Just a few updates

The eats as of late: 
Salad with a side of fruit. Salad made up of kale blend, avocado, strawberries, crumbled pecans (cold-I like to store mine in the freezer), dried cranberries, and my favorite raspberry vinaigrette.  

 Speaking of salad dressing, I just read this interesting article about the healthiest dressings that are out there from Self Magazine. Check it out! 
Obviously been having a salad craving lately. Along with the salad was a side of raspberries and carrots (+hummus unpictured) 
My favorite brand of hummus is tribe because it's always readily available in my local grocery store, and I like the consistency. Also, the "40 spices" flavor is my favorite--careful, it's got some kick! 
Here's another article I found interesting about the best tasting/most nutritional hummus brands on the market. Read more here! 
Or you could just make your own hummus! It's really easy-follow the recipe I posted a while back

My snack that I brought to a Phi Mu meeting. Can you tell I love peanut butter? I sliced up a ton of celery and apples and dipped them in Peanut Butter and Co.'s "The Bee's Knees" peanut butter. Its the perfect snack!


Breakfast this morning was surprisingly not a smoothie. Instead I opted for a quick bowl of berries and an Ezekial whole-grain english muffin. Let me tell you, those english muffins are really great for a quick on the go breakfast. A lot of days when I'm in a hurry, I'll just throw one in the toaster while I'm getting ready and then when I'm ready to go, I just wrap it in a paper towel and head out! They're also really good with a little almond butter spread on top for an extra punch of morning protein. 

Workouts:
This may have been one of the longest runs I've done in a while. Lately I've been sticking in the 3-4 mile range. For whatever reason, I was feeling extra motivated yesterday and decided to knock out 5.25 miles and then have a quick cool down, followed by a nice long stretch. 

Recently Katie and I have been taking to the woods and running through trails a few mornings a week. It's so nice and relaxing, not to mention a great change of scenery from the stuffy air and taupe walls of the gym that I'm used to. 
Ps- Katie and I may be running a half marathon together in early August! But more on that later :) 

No other updates for you today! I'll be back later with a couple of recipes to share! 
XOXO 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jordan,

    Do you have any helpful routines or suggestions for beginner runners?

    great blog entry!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete