Tuesday, May 21, 2013

It's Summer Time! ☀

Blogging from home right now! Exams are over and summer has officially begun...oh wait...I'm going back to school in a week to start classes again. Yes, unfortunately I'm going to be at school this summer taking organic chemistry and the lab. Not too fun a plan for the summer, but I'm trying to stay positive about it. 
Anyway, enough about that. Plenty of updates to share with y'all so I'll get right to it! 

As always, lots of good food lately: 

Out to dinner with friends at Blue Agave-a fun mexican restaurant in Baltimore's Federal Hill. We had a gift card to use so we made a night out of it! 

My dinner was a salad with goat cheese, cranberries, walnuts, grilled shrimp, and prickly pear vinaigrette  I also had a cup of black bean soup and a few too many chips with guacamole. I always underestimate how good mexican food is. YUM now I want some. 


Perfect afternoon pick me up-Starbucks skim vanilla latté and a big red juicy apple. 

Friday was a gorgeous day in Baltimore so my friends and I decided to grab some lunch to go and walk up to the top of Federal Hill (overlooking the inner harbor) to eat--kind of a picnic if you will. My lunch was a chopped salad with cucumbers, goat cheese, dried cranberries, and chicken (yes, I'm eating grilled chicken again...for the time being at least). I also had a small side of the chickpea salad and it was SO good.

View from the top of Fed Hill!

The perfect day

Emma and Katharine-love these two crazy gals

Joey came along for the fresh air too 


Sushi dinner with Joey before the Orioles game Friday night. 

After a fun few days relaxing in Baltimore with no school to think about, it was time to head home and spend time with my family while I'm still on break. Needless to say, my meals have been excellent since getting back.

First night back, my mom made me grilled salmon, broccoli, and quinoa. So healthy and hearty!

Breakfast- Chobani (nonfat) blood orange greek yogurt with cut strawberries, raspberries, homemade granola, and chia seeds. I forgot how much I love my yogurt concoctions. 

Dinner last night was fresh (as in it was caught two days ago) talapia, asparagus, and quinoa! That talapia was some of the best fish I've ever had. 

Here's a quick workout to try. I did it today and it took about 50 minutes. It's a good way to mix cardio with strength training and although it's tough, it's definitely worth it. Bikini season has arrived so if that's not motivation enough, I don't know what is! 

This workout is called the "Jessica Simpson Daisy Duke Workout"
Not sure how I feel about the name, but still give it a try!

10 minute treadmill warmup (walk or jog-whatever gets you sweating)
2x20 reps dumbbell rows in squat position
3x20 reps squats 
3x20 reps laying dumbbell tricep extensions
3x12 reps reverse lunges (per leg)
10 minute treadmill run 
3x18 reps bicep curls in lunge position (per leg)
3x18 reps lateral raise in lunge position (per leg)
100 crunches
3x18 reps knelling leg extensions (per leg)
100 crunches 
10 minute treadmill or elliptical cool down 

Let me know if you try it out! 

I'm off to the beach tomorrow for a couple of days of relaxing. More updates to come! 

XOXO

I'll leave you guys with this hilarious picture I found today of little me. I was such a d-i-v-a.









No comments:

Post a Comment