Saturday, June 8, 2013

Fluffy Egg Whites and Moving....of course they go together?

I promised you guys a how to on making fluffy egg-whites, and there's actually nothing to it at all, but here goes nothing! 

This is actually egg whites mixed with 2 eggs to amp up the protein a bit. I combined the two eggs and egg whites in a bowl and whisked it all together, then poured it into a pan that had been heating on medium-high heat for a few minutes. When you put the egg-white mixture into the pan, you want to hear a slight sizzle.  

Use a spatula to continue moving the eggs around in the pan while the cook. They don't cook flat and more thoroughly on one side.

Within a few minutes they'll cook throughout and as long as you keep stirring them with the spatula and sort of keeping them in a bunch to one side of the pan, they'll cook nice and fluffy!

Sprinkle with a little sea salt and pepper, and there ya go! Told you there's nothing to it!

Now for regular updates. As always, we'll begin with the food! 

Delicious grilled salmon salad from Gertrude's with my parents and Joey. 

Lunch on the floor of my new apartment...this was obviously a pre-furniture meal. After a full day of moving boxes and furniture in and out of cars, and up and down stairs, we were starved. I grabbed us a goat cheese salad, hummus with whole wheat pita, and cups of gazpacho to share (from Donna's Cafe). They also threw a cookie in there for us. This totally hit the spot!

Breakfast at One World Cafe on Sunday morning. I had a big bowl of their homemade granola with strawberries, bananas, and vanilla yogurt. 

Another fueling lunch with Mama on Tuesday after my first orgo exam (yikes!). Carma's Cafe had their favorite special of mine--the Sundance Sandwich--hummus, sundried tomato spread, cucumbers, and mixed greens on toasted health bread! Along with a large iced green tea, this was just what my Mom and I needed to get ready for a full afternoon of errands! 

Lunch Wednesday--kale salad with strawberries, dried cranberries, and goat cheese. Apple and corn cakes on the side! 
Last night I had some Phi Mu friends over for a little girls night. Obviously that had to include a cheese plate complete with Brie, New Zealand Cheddar, Drunken Goat (my personal fave) and a crumbly strong cheese I can't remember the name of. And of course, no cheese plate would be perfect without some grapes and crackers to go with it! 

Now just for fun, and because I am so proud of it, here are pics of the apartment and the move in general! This was basically all of my mother's doing...she is AMAZING at this and I have no idea what I would have done without her! <3


Giant fork!! 


Roomie!! 

Table assembly...Lara and I were obviously a huge help to our mom's with it...

Moey is staying with me for the summer while Joey is away in Maine. I swear the cat loves me...

Before I leave you, here is a funny picture of my orgo professor doing part of his lecture standing on top of a table....he is the coolest. 




No comments:

Post a Comment