Monday, July 15, 2013

FitSugar Favorites

So you guys know I like to share whatever things I find that help keep me motivated at the gym. I have found that one of the easiest motivators is simply changing things up. Yes I like to run and do so almost every day, but when time permits, I like to add in something else in there for after the run that changes things up and works a different part of my body.

Enter FIT SUGAR!

Most of you have probably heard of the website POP Sugar, but if not, then you have got to check it out. It's basically just a heap of information about everything from fashion and beauty, to entertainment, to nutrition. They have a whole section devoted to fitness and on it you will find tons of useful tips for clean eating, great recipes, and also a great selection of workouts. The workouts they post can range from a cardio circuit on the treadmill, to a killer elliptical speed set. My favorite thing that they post though are the 10 minute video workouts. They always feature a well-established trainer (ie-they train a celebrity) lead a 10 minute, high intensity, workout designed to torch calories and tone your whole body (although some of the videos are geared towards specific trouble spots like the tummy or buttox).

Here is a list of some of my favorite 10-minute vids that I have recently been using on a regular basis to add a little something extra to the end of my workout and change things up.

Cardio Burst

Flat Belly

Tush Toning

Booty Burning

^I know some of the names are silly^

Oh, ps- most of the time the only equipment you need is a matt or towel, and sometimes maybe some light weights, but you can always use something you have laying around the house that weighs 3-5 lbs. Or you can invest in a small set of hand weights (they sell them almost anywhere, but mine were purchased from Target).

One more thing I want to make sure that I mention. FitSugar also has a great set of articles/videos called "What 100 Calories Looks Like". The name says it all. These videos show you exactly how big of a portion constitutes 100 calories for different foods. I know that portion control is something I struggle with, so I found it really interesting and helpful to physically see exactly how much of a certain food makes up 100 calories.

Veggies
Fruits
Calorie Dense Foods-Portion Control

So get to exploring!! I'll be back later this week with my regular updates!


No comments:

Post a Comment