Saturday, July 27, 2013

Photo-Heavy Updates

It's been a while since I've had time to do a regular old update post so get ready for lots of pictures of food and friends that will make your mouth water (the food...not my friends...hopefully?)


You haven't been a true resident of Maryland until you've savagely torn apart fresh caught crab for consumption....

So much Old Bay! 

Pretty view of the sun setting over the harbor while nomming on those crabbies.

DC day trip with friends! The temperature was in the 100s that day and we walked a ton, but it was a really fun day filled with sightseeing, shopping, and of course...
Georgetown cupcakes were a must!
From top left going clockwise: chocolate peanut butter, vanilla birthday cake, lemon cream, mocha, mint chocolate, and red velvet. 
Note: this was SIX cupcakes shared between THREE girls....not even sorry about it.

 Back tracking a little (sorry these pics are a little out of order)...I decided to take a very last minute trip down to Myrtle Beach, SC over 4th of July weekend to visit with my family and surprise my G-Daddy (aka-grandpa) for his 75th birthday! 
I flew into Charlotte where my mom picked me up and we drove 3.5 hours to the beach. It was dinner time when my plane landed and I was starving. Thank goodness my mom, being her usual thoughtful self, packed a dinner for me because she knew I wouldn't want any fast food :) 
Dinner included quinoa, broccoli, apples with almond butter, and fresh cut cantaloup. Does she know me well or what?! 

Dinner to celebrate my Gdaddy's birthday was an ever-popular pot of low country boil. I love this dinner so much. The best part are the little steamed shrimpies and corn! Mmmm. 

Both my G-Daddy and Gandy (grandma) have birthdays within a couple weeks of each other, and both turned big numbers this year (75 and 70 respectively). We had coconut cake and homemade butter-finger ice cream for dessert. Happy birthday you two!! 

After all the delicious food over 4th of July weekend, it was time to get back to my own home-cooked meals. This particular night it was quinoa mix with spinach and edamame. Scrambled egg whites on the side. 

Dessert: 4 squares of dark choco (90 cals total) and a cup of hot tea in my favorite smiley face mug (remember when Joey painted it for me?...check out this post)

Another random dinner: corn cakes with roasted red pepper spread, and sautéed spicy shrimp

Next day's lunch: spinach salad with quinoa, goat cheese, and leftover spicy shrimp

Lunch at work: apple with almond butter packet, corn cakes, carrots and celery with hummus, and mixed nuts and raisins. 


Whole Foods grocery shopping...no joke one of my favorite things to do is grocery shop. I'm going to do a whole post about it next week so look forward to that one!

Dirty chai made with almond milk from Whole Foods. I love that they have soy milk, almond milk, and even rice milk there for you to ask for in your coffee.

Breakfast to go: plain non-fat greek yogurt with fiber O's (whole foods brand), flax, a little agave nectar, and berries on the side. 

Lunch from Whole Foods: fruit salad with cheese and a cup of vegetable soup.

Homemade pizza! The crust was bought fresh from Whole Foods and on top we put pesto, mozzarella, spinach, goat cheese, tomatoes, and garlic. It was absolutely amazing.  

Hot breakfast: apple oatmeal with strawberries and a sprinkling of cinnamon 

Lunch one day this week: grapes, corn cakes, apple, and a cup of Siggi's vanilla yogurt. 

And just for fun because this little guy is leaving me soon :( 

Alright I'll leave you with my favorite song to workout to this week...don't judge...it's a really embarrassing one...

"We Can't Stop" by Miley Cyrus....

I can't believe I'm actually putting this out there for the public to see. 

Enjoy!! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment