Monday, July 1, 2013

Food, Lake Trip, and a Baby (not mine!)

I have to apologize that I haven't been able to post for the past 12 days. Things have been crazy to say the least, but what's new...
There has been a whole lot of this going on...studying with tea and Moe to keep me company. 

So much other stuff to update about! Be prepared for a post full of pictures of food (of course), and a few other fun updates at the end.


Lunches as of late, fruits, veggies + hummus, and my mom's homemade veggie burgers. My absolute favorite one that she makes is a sweet potato quinoa burger, followed in a close second by her lentil goat cheese burger, and finally her garden veggie! They are all delicious and are going to be sold to the public soon! I'm always happy to be her taste tester :) 


Ummm...cantaloup...yeah...

There was another chickpea salad to be had last week for lunch. Kale, chickpeas, goat cheese, and pomegranate dressing. Such a refreshing and easy summer lunch!

Muesli with almond milk and berries for a few breakfasts last week!

Out to dinner with my mom and friends at one of my favorite restaurants in Baltimore--Gertrude's. I've definitely talked about it before. But they have the best fish that you can have prepared any way you like with two sides of your choice. I went for the grilled tuna with roasted veggies and wild rice!  

Here we go again with yet another lunch that looks the same as all the others. I usually aslo have a few corn cakes or a handful or two (...or three..) of trail mix to keep me full until dinner!

Dinna!...pretty much the same as always although there was also a fruit salad + cheese slices on the side  (unpictured)

I've been running a lot outside lately and although I love getting a chance to catch up on my serious lack of vitamin D, I also find myself feeling dehydrated more and more often due to the heat. Sometimes chugging water just isn't enough to keep me well-hydrated and void of the dizziness and headaches that come from a depletion of electrolytes. I prefer to supplement my beverage choices with a small cup of vitamin water whenever I'm feeling weak from a lack of H2O. 

Other fun things....

On Father's Day I ran a 5K in memory of my nephew Skylar James Wenger who passed away last October. Part of the proceeds from the race benefit Skylar's Memorial Fund. I was accompanied on the run by my older brother and his wife. Of course my sister Melissa (Sky's Mom) was also there for this great day. 

Surprise! I won my age group (19-29)...actually this is pretty comical considering I was actually one of maybe three people in that age group. Oh well! I got a cool medal from it, and nobody has to know I only had to beat a couple people to get it ;)

 The best news of all?!....my sister had a baby last Monday!!! Yay I'm an aunt to this little adorable thing. Welcome to the world baby Jaxon. Happy 1 week birthday!!

Precious little guy <3

And then after studying my butt off for my orgo final on Friday, I was finally able to go visit Joey for a quick weekend trip to Maine (where he's working this summer). 


As you can see...the setting is on a lake and absolutely gorgeous! I wish I hadn't had to leave so soon! Luckily I get to go back in August after all this summer school stuff is over and done for good!

Sunset 

Oh heyyy


Alright it's late and I have class bright and early so I gotta go! But I promise it won't be another long wait for the next post! 

Tootle-ooo! 


No comments:

Post a Comment