Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pham Eats Good...

My Phi Mu Phamily knows how to eat!

My distantly related Phamily cousin/roomie Sophie makes delicious protein shakes and chickpea mash (among other things) so I asked her to share the recipes so I could post them on here!

Sophie's Protein Shakes: 
Into the blender goes:
ice cubes
unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 scoop of instant coffee
1 scoop of chocolate Spiru-tein (a protein powder made with spirulina)
Blend ingredients together until they are the proper consistency.
half a banana (optional)

Sophie says these shakes have a mocha flavor to them that's delicious. I have yet to try one myself, but they look so good! She also says they're a great breakfast that keeps her full until lunch. Can't wait to try it out!

Sophie's Chickpea Mash: 
Into a food processor goes:
pre-cooked canned chickpeas (plus a little of the juice from the can)
olive oil
garlic
salt and pepper
Blend together ingredients until properly mixed together. Doesn't necessarily have to be as creamy as hummus. The batch she made the other day was a little chunkier and it was soooo good.

Enjoy!


If that wasn't enough good food for one pham, I had dinner tonight my twin (meaning we share the same big) Haley and my big big, Ashley (we missed you Jordan!). I packed my own dinner because my stomach issues have been especially hindering lately, but they ended up cooking almost exactly what I brought!

Quinoa with spinach, craisins, and light provolone melted on top. Chickpea mash with carrots and an apple + almond butter (for a teensy bit more protein) on the side! 

They made quinoa mixed with olive oil, garlic, feta cheese and sautéd zuchinni, red peppers, green peppers, and onions. It looked delicious! 

Whoever thinks quinoa isn't trending...is dumb...

Other meals have been far from new and/or exciting so I won't go into them.

As far as exercise goes, that has also been pretty boring and uneventful I'm afraid. Like I said last post, I have been focusing on doing longer runs (at a slower pace) more frequently in preparation for a half-marathon. Yesterday I ran 6.5 miles, and today I ran 7.5.

Alright I'm off to do some homework while watching Four Weddings and munching on air popped popcorn...somehow I doubt I will get that much work done.

Night!



No comments:

Post a Comment