Sunday, September 30, 2012

Rapid Fire Updates!

Okay quick rapid fire post! I'm in the middle of study for a chemistry exam tomorrow, but I need a break so what better way to do so than by telling you guys about my week/weekend at a mile a minute.

First food...food is always first....

So many smoothies in the past week! When school gets crazy and I have hardly any time to prepare food, throwing stuff into the blender is a great way to make a quick, but filling meal!
In this particular concoction went almond milk, ground flax seed (maybe a little too much of it), a little almond butter, strawberries, and half a banana.


Carrots and quinoa (with spinach mixed in) made more appearances than I'm willing to admit last week. 

Then after a busy week at school I got to go home for a relaxing weekend visiting with my family. Joey came too and we got to see my brother's cross country meet on Friday night! He ran a great race...as usual. I played proud sister and cheered Evan on throughout the race plus annoyed him for pictures afterward :) 
Joey and Evan <3


I got to see one of my best friends from high school, Meredith, race too! I can't believe she's already a senior and XC team captain! So proud of her :) 

Go Mer Go!

Yaya! I'm not sure what her exact time was, but she seriously looked like she was having a great race. GO PDXC

After the race my parents and I took Joey out to a unique restaurant in Charlotte called Cowfish which specializes in burgers, sushi, and burger sushi combos called "burgushi". It's a huge menu to sift through, but the food is always good and worth the hour and a half wait!

Mom and Dad <3 

I started with a ahi tuna + avocado appetizer that came in a martini glass! And then had a spinach salad with salmon, strawberries, and goat cheese. 

A little blurry,sorry-Joey got a "Bento Box Fusion Combo" which included a slider, edamame, sweet potato fries, sushi, and a cucumber salad. So much food! 

The rainy Saturday was spent in total relaxation mode. I took a much needed day off of studying and working out in favor of laying on the couch all day watching Homeland (aka-such a good show!!).

Meals for the day included breakfast of Ezekiel flax crunch cereal +berries and almond milk. Tea too of course! Lunch was some carrots+hummus and a taste test of two delicious vegan soups that my mom made-tomato basil and lentil! Mmmm so perfect for a rainy lazy day. We were planning on going out to dinner but our laziness got the better of us so we decided to order out (good thing we did, apparently the restaurant was PACKED). We ordered food from a restaurant called Cabo Fish Taco. It has a great menu full of mexican food with california twists. So good. I got a salad with grilled tuna and later had an apple with almond butter and some air popped popcorn while STILL watching Tv on the couch. *Disclaimer- these lugly days (lazy+ugly) are a rare occurrence for me...seriously...once in a blue moon.*

Workouts all last week were pretty scattered in terms of time of day/ amount of time/ intensity. When school gets crazy, it's hard to keep a consistent gym schedule because no matter what, school comes first. Therefore, I just fit in gym time whenever I can and try not to push things too hard so I don't get overly exhausted. Most days last week consisted of some medium distance runs (4-6.5 miles) and time on the elliptical as well because my ankles have been bothering me lately so I'm trying to prevent any injury before the half marathon (T-13 days!!). After my day off yesterday I did find time to run to the gym today once I got back to Baltimore. Quick 5.35 miles and I was off to the library for studying! Wish me luck on my exam tomorrow!...I'll need it....

I'm off! Be back later in the week.








No comments:

Post a Comment