Monday, August 13, 2012

Never Sitting Still

Since I've been back from vacation, I feel like I have been all over the place. The past two days were spent in Philadelphia because Coastal Vibes had a gig there, and I'm a big scaredy cat so I there was no way I was going to stay behind at the beach house and be all by myself.

The next week is going to be even crazier with the guys having their last gig and then moving out, helping Joey get moved into his apartment in Baltimore, and then getting my self all packed up to go home for a little while before getting all packed up again to go back to school! Phew! So I apologize in advance if the blog takes a little hit during all of this moving!

Saturday Eats: 
Breakfast- warm and delicious stove top oatmeal with flaxseed and agave mixed in. Berries and a cut up peach sprinkled on top!
Lunch- whole wheat wrap spread with hummus and filled with carrots and spinach. I also had one of the peanut butter chocolate chip granola bars that I bought at the farmers market last week.
Dinner- SO GOOD! This is such an easy meal and so delicious. I definitely plan on making it regularly at school.

Okay so I started by heating up some Pacific Creamy Tomato soup (make sure to buy the low sodium version whenever you get soup). Then I made some wheat berries (don't be scared! They're really easy to make!) They're an ancient grain very similar to quinoa but a little bigger and chewier. You also cook them just like quinoa. Heat them up with water in a pot until the water boils, and then turn down the heat to low and cover for about 15 minutes. I also added some spinach in with the wheat berries for the last 10 minutes of cooking just to get some greens in.
When I took this picture I was just planning on eating the soup and wheat berries separately, but then I had a brilliant beyond brilliant idea (Parent Trap quote!! ....anyone??) to add the wheat berries into the soup. It. Was. Delicious. The creamy soup mixed with the chewy wheat berries and spinach was just a perfect combination.
Chobani greek yogurt and grapes went along with my soup masterpiece.

Saturday Workout: 
5.10 mile run on the treadmill.
12 minutes on the elliptical
PBR stability, core, and strength circuit for runners 

Sunday Eats: 
Breakfast-
This was my breakfast the past two mornings spent in Philly. Cheerios with almond milk, a cut up peach, and flax seed sprinkled on top. Banana and raisins on the side :)
Lunch- Bryn and Danes! MMM. I had a salad with cranberries, blueberries, pecans, and mandarin oranges. 1/2 a berry smoothie too!
Dinner- We came home from the guys' gig at the local park to a big home cooked meal. The guys' had baked ziti, salad and bread. I was spoiled with a big piece of salmon to go along with my generous portion of salad. The ziti was meatless though, so of course I had to have just a bite. Perfect!

Sunday Workout: 

4.6 miles on the treadmill
20 minutes on the elliptical
abs and back on the hyper-extension machine
a nice 5 minutes rolling around on a foam roller (I really need one of these). It felt so good on my sore muscles.

Concert in the park! 

Monday Eats:
Breakfast-Same as yesterday!
Lunch-
Salad with leftover wheat berries, blueberries, and cranberries. Apple and grapes on the side!
Dinner- I still had wheat berries leftover so what better to do with them than make the same tomato soup creation all over again! It was just as good as the first time. I also had red, yellow, and orange peppers and celery all dipped in hummus. Oh grapes and a Light and Fit yogurt too!

Monday Workout: 
I contemplated taking my day off today, but when 7:00 pm rolled around... I just couldn't take sitting around anymore so I went out for a 30 minute run that turned into a 50 minute run. It was cool outside, the sun was setting, and my legs felt good!...what more could I ask for?
Then I came inside and did the P90X Ab-Ripper X video. It's only about 14 minutes long, but it really gets your abs burning. Just what I needed!

Alright I'm off to watch some more HGTV and then get to bed early. I need all the sleep I can get these days. Night!



No comments:

Post a Comment