Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cookie Crisp and Cats

Good morning!

Yesterday was a bit of a crazy day so I didn't have time to get to blogging last night, unfortunately.

I woke up yesterday morning around 9 and proceeded to make pancakes for Evan and anyone else who wanted some.

*disclaimer- these pancakes were in no way "healthy"..I had to whip them up quickly because Evan was hungry so they are basically straight out of a box* I do know a couple of really great healthy pancake recipes that I'll have to post up soon!!

Half chocolate chip, half plain, all delicious 

Not to toot my own horn...but I pretty much rock at making heart shaped pancakes, which are of course the best kind 

I think Evan enjoyed them, but he did say that the chocolate chip ones were "too chocolatey"...ummm since when is that a problem??

Happy broder 

His leftovers...I don't care what anyone says, they couldn't have been too chocolatey. But that criticism was coming from a kid who doesn't even like cake...what kid doesn't like cake??! I am baffled by this..
My breakfast consisted of the rest of the box of Grapenuts, almond milk, and berries of course...cup of green tea on the side.

After letting my food digest, Joey and I hit the boardwalk around 11:30 for a HOT run on the boardwalk. I definitely hadn't had enough water yesterday morning, so that, coupled with the blazing sun beating down on us, caused some serious dehydration for this girl. Luckily there were some showers along the boardwalk for people who need to rinse off sand from the beach, but Joey and I took a couple of nice breaks to drench ourselves in ice cold water towards the end of the run :) 5.5 miles later, we were back indoors, and thank goodness. A couple minutes more stuck outside and I probably would have just collapsed on the on the sidewalk in a sweaty dizzy heap. #iknowi'mdramatic

Luckily that didn't happen. I downed a bottle of water, took a cool shower, and got ready to go to work for the rest of the afternoon/night.

I babysat until 1:30 am last night, so you can understand why blogging was kind of out of the question once I rolled into the house at 2 am looking like a zombie.

Also, no good eats yesterday to share :\. Lunch was another blueberry smoothie (like the one I posted the other day) on my way to babysit, and dinner was a random assortment of stuff I packed to eat while the kids nommed on pizza and french fries (oh to be a kid again).

I crawled directly into bed and fell into a deep sleep (sooo abnormal for me..usually I am such a light sleeper), until 9:15 am.

Plain Chobani greek yogurt with pear butter spread from Earth Fare (SO YUMMY!), museli, and berries. Green tea on da side 

Little bro enjoying a big bowl of Cooke Crisp. I would have chosen Fruit Loops or Reeses Puffs if I were embracing my inner kid...but I guess Cookie Crisp was good too. 

Now, after a filling breakfast and of course my morning cup of green tea, I'm ready for the day! It's even hotter than it was yesterday so I may skip the run today in favor of a trip to the air conditioned gym later, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a nice afternoon on da beach!! 

Towel, check
Sunscreen, check
Good read, check
Happy wittle broder, check


Good to go! 


I'll leave you with this hilarious video for entertainment. Joey's friend posted it on his Facebook last week and I can't stop watching it. I die every time...


Have an amazing Thursday! 












No comments:

Post a Comment