Monday, June 25, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things...

It's pouring rain here today so since I'm not doing much of anything interesting, I thought I'd do a different kind of post. Whether they are already, or I want them to be in the near future, here is a list of some products that are a great complement to a healthy lifestyle. Enjoy!

I Be Up In The Gym Just Workin' On My Fitness-


1. Polar Watch- I got this watch (I have the FT40 model for Training and Cross-training) for my birthday last year and although it comes at a hefty price, it's worth it because I use it every day. The watch comes with a thin heart monitoring band around your upper waist and that links up to your watch and tells you not only your heart rate throughout your workout, but also calories burned, percentage of those calories burned that are fat calories, and also whether your training is effecting fat burning or fitness improvement. I'm sure it can do much much more, but I just haven't figured all of that out yet.

Click here to get to the Polar website! 
*Tip-When you first get the watch, make sure to follow the directions and take the quick "fitness test" so that the watch can accurately measure your heart rate and calories burned*

2. Autoseal Kangaroo Water Bottle with Storage Compartment- Don't have it. Want it. Need it. Cheep price. Completely makes sense for those days when you don't feel like carting a big gym bag with you.

Click here to get it!...it's also available on Amazon 


3. Naked Sorts Gear- Courtesy of Pinterest (follow me!). These look like they would be so cool and again, really practical because their fabric keeps weird sports bran tans at bay. I currently have serious sports bra tan lines that I will be working all summer to get rid of. They're a little expensive though, so I doubt I'll have one any time soon :\
See here 


4. No Tie Shoe-Laces- I have always hated tying my shoes, so these laces are perfect for me. I just slip on my shoes and go! 

Here! 

5. Lululemon workout apparel- I live in everything Lululemon. Their yoga pants are great for yoga, of course, but their also just so comfortable that I wear them around the house. Their running pants were so great in the winter when I was running in chilly Baltimore. They're light-weight enough that they aren't uncomfortable, but they also kept my legs nice and toasty warm. Their workout tanks are so flattering and feel great while I'm working out because they're not too tight. Lululemon just has a great mission to build a supportive community of confident athletes wherever they go. In their store they have inspirational quotes on the walls, goal setting charts to write in, and big posters of their "Ambassadors" who are local athletes from your area. My local Lululemon store also does Saturday morning yoga classes which are awesome. So yes their apparel may be pricey, but I promise that when you realize how much you're wearing what you bought from them, you will consider your money more than well spent.



Shop online!! 


Food Products NOM-


1. Barney Butter- I have always loved almond butter. It used to be a daily staple in my packed lunch for high school. I have tried many many brands over the years, but this one has to be my favorite. My mom actually introduced me to it, and we're both hooked. My favorite use for it is as a spread on a nice juicy apple. My mom loves it on Ezekiel whole wheat toast in the morning with a sliced banana for a quick and easy breakfast! I've only ever been able to find it in special health food stores like Earth Fare and Whole Foods, but you can also order it from their website (and from Amazon of course tehe). 

Order here! 


2. Chobani Greek Yogurt- No surprise on this one. Definitely one of my favorite foods. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and everything in between. I love it plain (with lots of mix-ins like berries, agave, granola, etc.), or flavored (Apple-Cinnamon, Blood Orange, Raspberry are my faves). They're all low in fat, if they even have any at all, and are a great source of protein, which is great for me since I don't eat a lot of meat. They taste great, AND keep me full for a substantial amount of time so it's a win win!

See their website to learn about all of their flavors!
3. Kind Bars- These are great because they are readily accessible almost anywhere from grocery stores, to Starbucks, to even most gas stations (great news for healthy road-tripping). I like them because they are vegan and gluten free, while still being really tasty and keeping me full. They have minimal ingredients, and for some reason, they are one of the only nutrition bars that don't give me a stomach ache. There are a lot of different flavors, but my personal favorites are Cranberry Almond + Antioxidants, Pomegranate Blueberry Pistachio + Antioxidants, and Peanut Butter and Strawberry (peanut butta jelly time). They were also featured in an article from Runner's World about energy bars that are made of ingredients you would recognize, and are great for fueling you for physical activity. Here's the link to the article!

Link to website

4. Three Sister's Oatmeal- This oatmeal comes in a box that has individually packaged serving sizes of oatmeal that have very few calories compared to some other oatmeal brands. It is also made with minimal ingredients, but still tastes amazing and not too sweet. They have tons of different flavors, and my favorite would have to be the Chai Spiced, but I just discovered that they have a dark chocolate flavor...ummmm...I must find that. They have been featured in a number of healthy living magazines, including Women's Healthy as one of their "125 Best Packaged Foods of 2012". ALSO, it was featured on Oprah's blog (I have an Oprah obsession so I am thoroughly pleased by this), and the Today show! It's a teensy bit hard to find (I only ever see it at Whole Foods, but again...Amazon to the rescue!)

Three Sister's Website

5. Amy's Kitchen Bistro Veggie Burger- They're tasty, organic, gluten free, vegan, dairy free, lactose free, low fat, and have no cholesterol...could you really ask for more in a veggie burger? I think not. Check them out!

Amy's Kitchen website

6. Green Tea- I don't care what brand it is, whether it's plain, or has a flavor, but I'll drink green tea anytime of day or night. Sometimes I add a little Agave Nectar in for a touch of sweetness. Green tea is so so good for you so if you haven't tried it yet, I really urge you to. It has tons of antioxidants and is shown to increase metabolism as well. It's so relaxing to drink. Mmmmm...




I hope you guys like this post! Maybe it will give you some new things to try! Have a good start to the week!











No comments:

Post a Comment