Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Weekend of Packed Dinners, Sweaty Workouts, and FROYO

My weekend summed up in a few words and a few pictures:

Friday was spent in Sea Isle at their beach having a nice relaxing afternoon with friends. Workout was a 30 minute run in the morning, and another 30 minute run that evening. The weather was extremely brutal for running so all I could manage after the running was some walking lunges and lots of stretching.

Friday night I had babysitting so I packed my dinner to take along with me: leftover faux chicken grillers and corn, apple and peach, carrots/celery with hummus, and a clementine later that night. Unfortunately my camera wasn't on hand for any of my eats this day, but you get the idea.

Saturday I slept in longer than usual because I didn't sleep much that night. Severe thunderstorms with tons of lightning, loud thunder, and howling wind = Jordan wide awake. Plus later in the night I ended up getting a bad stomach ache and I have no clue why....very strange.

Saturday breakfast was same old thing. Some vanilla Chob with berries and a little kashi/grape-nut mixture poured over. I added some ground flax seed into the mix as well.

Lunch Saturday- spinach salad with strawberries, goat cheese, cranberries, and a grilled salmon burger (first time trying these....I am a HUGE fan now). A piece of Ezekiel bread with hummus and more spinach on top. Apple and almond butter too!! 
Saturday's workout was a doozy. Joey and I ran to the gym (a surprisingly miserable 2.10 miles), then I went on the elliptical for 25 minutes and that baby was at full incline and a tough resistance the whole time. I figured if I wasn't going to get on the treadmill (I had had enough running), then I better kick my own butt another way. Then I did a set of alternating bosu ball pushups, and bicep curls with a 20 lb bar. Next was 15 reps on the chest press machine 4 times through. I finally finished, exhausted, with some partner ab work with Joey.

My tired pitiful self was ready for our ride to come pick us up from the gym, and then Joey told me we were just going to have to run back....wah wah wah.

So we slow jogged back to the house (and when I say jogged...I really mean the majority of that 2.1 miles was covered by walking).

Dinner was packed to go (again) because some of the guys and I were going to go see a movie so I brought dinner in the car. It was some V8 butternut squash soup, kashi crackers with a little soy cheddar cheese, Light and Fit Yogurt, and a cut up apple and peach.

Unfortunately the movie theatre was out of power (like the rest of the Jersey shore minus our house somehow), so we had to come home :(

But not before stopping for the best dessert in the whole wide world....

Andrew's first froyo experience !! 


FROYO!!!! 


I usually go for the tart fruity flavors and toppings when it comes to froyo so in my cup went some peach mango, banana, and orange cream. And toppings included raspberries, blueberries, graham cracker, and dark chocolate dried pomegranate...MMMM!! I was a happy camper for sure. My only regret was that I should have tried some of the peanut butter. NEXT TIME...and believe me...there will be a next time...

Now I'm up and at em' making breakfast and possibly going to bake something in a bit. It's also laundry day (blah), so I'll have to get to that eventually.

Have a great Sunday!!













No comments:

Post a Comment